Mid Century Modern Furniture New York City
Explore the iconic Mid-Century Modern style right in the heart of New York City with NYC MCM. From Manhattan to Brooklyn, Soho to Long Island, and beyond, our thoughtfully curated furniture collection promises to enhance the aesthetic of your home or office. Delve into our array of chairs, sofas, credenzas, dining tables, dining chairs, desks, and more, all inspired by the timeless and futuristic qualities of Mid Century Modern design. Join us today and infuse your space with an elegant and purposeful touch.
Mid-Century Modern Furniture in New York City
New York City is a melting pot of fashion, and it's no surprise that you'll encounter the Mid-Century Modern style all around the city while strolling through Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island. These remnants of NYC MCM design boast graceful lines, geometric forms, and captivating colors, adding a chic and purposeful allure to the city.
Mid-Century Modern design emerged in the 1940s and continued into the 1960s, driven by the post-World War II era and the space race, which fueled the demand for modern, forward-looking designs. During this period, New York City served as a hub for artistic and cultural movements, incubating new ideas and design concepts.
A prime example of NYC MCM design is the New York State Pavilion, a former site of the World's Fair. Designed by Philip Johnson in Queens, this modernistic structure resembles a floating ring. Nearby, the Unisphere serves as a reminder that the world is enveloped by technology, with its giant metal globe encircled by larger rings representing international satellite paths.
The trendy Harlem neighborhood is replete with NYC MCM design. Revamped in 1966 by Costas Machlouzarides, the Greater Refuge Temple harmoniously blends purpose and aesthetics. Its vibrant facade houses a choir of jubilant worshippers, while the interior features pristine white walls with gracefully curved ceilings. Originally a movie house, it was transformed into a church and now showcases a bold exterior adorned with a large golden cross and vibrant geometric shapes.
One of the foremost NYC MCM designers was Eero Saarinen, responsible for the design and construction of the striking John F. Kennedy Airport, also known as the Trans World Flight Center. Located in Queens, it boasts a bird-shaped roof supported by large Y-shaped columns and abundant glass, creating expansive walls of windows. Although no longer used as an airport, it stands as a historical landmark.
New York City abounds with countless examples of NYC MCM art, including the George Washington Bus Station, the New York Hall of Science, and Marcel Breuer's Bronx Community College. In this ever-evolving city, these designs continue to inspire with their enduring futuristic appeal.
At NYC MCM, we present an expertly curated collection of Mid-Century Modern furniture in NYC, designed to elevate the aesthetics of your home and office. Our range encompasses NYC MCM chairs, sofas, credenzas, dining tables, dining chairs, desks, and more.
Whether you're a design enthusiast, an interior designer, or a homeowner seeking to infuse NYC MCM style into your space, NYC MCM is your ultimate destination. We offer an extensive selection of high-quality, authentic NYC MCM pieces that blend beauty with functionality.
Our team of design aficionados is dedicated to helping you discover the perfect pieces to complement your space. Furthermore, we provide complimentary nationwide shipping for additional pieces and offer restoration services, ensuring your NYC MCM pieces arrive in pristine condition and ready for use.
At NYC MCM, we believe that NYC MCM design transcends mere trend status—it's a timeless style destined to captivate and inspire for years to come. So whether you seek a statement piece or a subtle accent, our collection of NYC MCM furniture in NYC caters to all tastes.
Join us online or visit our showroom in Chicago, IL.
Shop Modern Furniture Online at MidCenturyWarehouse.com in New York City (NYC):
- Visit the Boston MCM website: Begin by navigating to our website to view inventory at www.bostonmcm.com - the main site for NYC MCM.
- Browse the inventory: Once on the website, peruse the selection of vintage & professionally restored MCM pieces, categorized by room and type of piece, as well as by designer and company. Types of pieces include chairs, tables, sofas, and storage units. Each item includes detailed photos, descriptions, and pricing.
- Add items to your cart: Upon finding an item you desire, click on it to access more information and additional photos. To purchase, simply click the "Add to cart" button. You can continue shopping and adding items to your cart until you're ready to check out.
- View your cart: When prepared to complete your purchase, click the shopping cart icon located in the top right corner of the website. This will provide a summary of the items in your cart, including the total cost. Be sure to contact us prior to purchase to arrange and price out the cost of delivery.
- Checkout: To finalize your order, select the "Checkout" button. You'll be prompted to input your shipping and billing information and will have the opportunity to choose a delivery method. Boston MCM and NYC MCM offers curbside delivery to the NYC area.
- Complete your purchase: Review your order details and make any necessary adjustments after entering your information. Next, provide your payment details and click "Place Order" to complete your purchase. You'll receive an email confirmation containing your order details and delivery information.
- Await your delivery: Following the completion of your purchase, contact us to arrange the delivery of your NYC MCM furniture pieces to your NYC residence. The delivery timeframe depends on the delivery option chosen during checkout.
By following these steps, you can seamlessly shop for NYC MCM furniture online at www.nycmcm.com and www.bostonmcm.com and have it delivered directly to your NYC home.